The story goes that one fine day in 1863 Alexandre Le Grand, a wine trader from Fécamp, quite by chance discovered the composition of this elixir lost during the Revolution in his library. Intrigued, he decided to decipher the recipe and after a year’s effort succeeded in reconstituting it. The elixir thus became a liqueur that he called Bénédictine in tribute to the Benedictine monk, Dom Bernardo Vincelli. He had the sumptuous Palais Bénédictine built to provide a prestigious setting for the distillery of the liqueur (which is still in operation today) and for his collection of works of art.
We invite you to discover this incredible tale of ancient and contemporary history at the Palais Bénédictine by exploring the Experiences designed for all those fired by passion and curiosity.
You can also enjoy the Tasting Room, Tea Room and Shop. In the winter garden, you will have the opportunity to taste the subtle aromas of Bénédictine and its cocktails. You can also try Bénédictine delicacies (spice madeleines, Bénédictine cakes, Bénédictine ice cream), but also hot and cold drinks, lunch snacks. The Bar and Shop are on the ground floor level.
The Palais Bénédictine hosts are on hand throughout to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone
+ 33 (0)2 35 10 26 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARKING AND ARRIVAL
- For full directions and a map of how to get to the Palais Bénédictine please see the ‘Plan Your Visit’ section on the website
- There are 5 free bus parking spaces 50 meters away
- There is no private parking for cars on site, but it is easy to find a free parking spot near the Palais Bénédictine. We also encourage our visitors to park their vehicles on the Berigny quay, 200 meters from the Palais Bénédictine, or on La Mâture Parking, next to Fécamp train station / tourist office and a stone’s throw from our entrance.
- The Entrance has no steps and is suitable for wheelchair access.
- The main Entrance Hall door is bi-fold and will accommodate all wheelchairs.
RECEPTION AND TICKETING AREA
- The main Entrance Hall is situated on the ground floor with step-free access throughout.
- There is a lowered section of the ticket desk.
For an enjoyable visit
- We provide a printed handout for the self-guided tour of the Palais Bénédictine. This document is available in 7 languages: French, English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Russian.
- We encourage people to touch, and smell the aromas and botanicals in the Herbalist Room.
- Bench and chairs are available at various points throughout the tour.
- The Palais Bénédictine is on 2 levels. There is a lift to access the 1st floor. The exceptional collection of ancient art and the exhibition on the modern history of Bénédictine (both on the first floor), the Herbalist Room, the Distillery, the Modern Art Exhibition Area, the Tasting Room, the Tearoom and the Shop are accessible for a wheelchair or for pushchair. Only the cellars are not.
- Any of our hosts will be more than happy to help you access the lift.
- There are snacks available to buy in the tasting room. These can be consumed in the winter garden.
- There is no table service for food. Please visit the bar to make your purchase.
- The Shop has a range of Bénédictine Expressions, cocktail ingredients, chocolates, sweets, posters, post cards, glasses and other Bénédictine products.
- The Shop is adjacent to the winter garden just next to the exit gate.
- The shop is on the ground floor.
- The counter is low-level as are the majority of products. A staff member is on hand to assist if required.
- Toilets with wheelchair access are available on groundfloor and 1st floor.
- No pets or animals can enter the distillery, except for guide dogs and other assistance dogs.
Address: Palais Bénédictine – 110 rue Alexandre Le Grand – 76400 Fécamp
Telephone: +33 (0)2 35 10 26 10
Local Accessible Taxi:
Taxi des Hautes Falaises : +33 (0)6 12 09 52 78
Taxis Fromager : +33 (0)6 64 91 21 31
Taxis d’Albâtre : +33 (0)6 03 63 13 09
Taxi Numéro 1 Fécamp : +33 (0)6 81 48 44 23
Taxi Franck Levouin : +33 (0)6 11 29 01 48
Local Public Transport: Ficibus – +33 (0)2 35 28 19 88 – www.ficibus.com